Banking and Financial Services
The banking and financial servitude industry in Kenya is primarily governed by the Banking and the Financial Institutions and the foreign Exchange Acts.
The acts regulate and supervise the activities of a wide range of institutions, which accept deposits from the general public. Persons falling within the scope of the Act are obliged to register as depositing institutions and to comply with onerous duties and restrictions (such as the rendering of returns and the maintenance of certain capital and liquid asset requirements).
We offer legal expert services to our client Banks on:-
- Preparation of loan and security documentation
- Advice on all aspects of Banking and Insurance legislations
- Advice on International Development projects and rescheduling of debts
- Preparation of contracts and various financing documentations
- Establishing of representative and branch offices of foreign institutions and Companies
- Recoveries, repossessions and public auctions